Maps Charles City, Pr. George and Surry counties, Virginia
About this Item
- Charles City, Pr. George and Surry counties, Virginia
- Other Title
- Charles City, prince George and Surry counties, Virginia
- Contributor Names
- Hotchkiss, Jedediah, 1828-1899.
- Subject Headings
- - Charles City County (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Prince George County (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Surry County (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Virginia--Charles City County
- - United States--Virginia--Prince George County
- - United States--Virginia--Surry County
- - Pen-and-ink and col. pencil over pencil grid on sheets of paper pasted together, and mounted on cloth.
- - In pencil in upper right corner: 249.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H288
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - In pencil on verso: 179.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 54 x 65 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3883.C4 1867 .H62
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
LocationCharles City County
Prince George County
SubjectsCharles City County
Charles City County (va.)
Prince George County
Prince George County (va.)
Surry County (va.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Hotchkiss Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citing Primary Souces on the Teachers Page.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hotchkiss, Jedediah. Charles City, Pr. George and Surry counties, Virginia. 1867. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625179/. (Accessed July 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Hotchkiss, J. (1867) Charles City, Pr. George and Surry counties, Virginia. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625179/.
MLA citation style:
Hotchkiss, Jedediah. Charles City, Pr. George and Surry counties, Virginia. 1867. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625179/>.