Map Alleghany Co. 780 A. Alleghany County 780 acres
About this Item
- Alleghany Co. 780 A.
- Other Title
- Alleghany County 780 acres
- Contributor Names
- Huddleston, A. J.
- Huddleston, D. Y.
- Biers, J. B.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Real Property--Virginia--Alleghany County--Maps
- - Alleghany County (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Landowners--Virginia--Alleghany County--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Alleghany County
- - Shows land located on Peters Mountain in Alleghany County, Virginia and names of some residents.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Pencil (some col.) and crayon on tracing paper, mounted on cloth.
- - In pencil on verso obscured by mounting: Peters Mtn.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H311
- - Includes notes.
- - In pencil on verso: 416 or 418?
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 69 x 23 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3883.A4G46 187- .H9
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Shows land located on Peters Mountain in Alleghany County, Virginia and names of some residents. Relief shown by hachures. Pencil (some col.) and crayon on tracing paper, mounted on cloth. In pencil on verso obscured by mounting: Peters Mtn. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H311 Includes notes. In pencil on verso: 416 or 418? Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Hotchkiss Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Huddleston, A. J, D. Y Huddleston, and J. B Biers. Alleghany Co. 780 A. [187-?] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625195/.
APA citation style:
Huddleston, A. J., Huddleston, D. Y. & Biers, J. B. Alleghany Co. 780 A. [187-?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625195/.
MLA citation style:
Huddleston, A. J, D. Y Huddleston, and J. B Biers. Alleghany Co. 780 A. [187-?] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2005625195/>.