Map [Map of the several nations of Indians to the Northwest of South Carolina]. Catawba deerskin map
About this Item
- [Map of the several nations of Indians to the Northwest of South Carolina].
- Other Title
- Catawba deerskin map
- Contributor Names
- Nicholson, Francis, 1655-1728.
- Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n., 1929]
- Subject Headings
- - Southern States--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - Indians of North America--Southern States--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - United States--Southern States
- - "This map describing the scituation [sic] of the several nations of Indians to the NW of South Carolina was coppyed [sic] from a draught drawn & painted on a deer skin by an Indian Cacique and presented to Francis Nicholson Esqr. Governor of South Carolina by whom it is most humbly dedicated to his Royal Highness George, Prince of Wales."
- - "A map, sometimes known as the 'Catawba Deerskin Map', describing the situation of the several nations of the Indians to the north-west of South Carolina."--British Library.
- - LC Many nations, 191
- - Exhibition: Indians of North America, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., August, 1977.
- - Photocopy of map now in the British Library: Add. MS 4723.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy has some lines marked in red.
- 1 map : photocopy ; 79 x 117 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3860 1724 .M2 1929
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Nicholson, Francis. Map of the several nations of Indians to the Northwest of South Carolina. [S.l.: s.n, 1724] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625337/.
APA citation style:
Nicholson, F. (1724) Map of the several nations of Indians to the Northwest of South Carolina. [S.l.: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625337/.
MLA citation style:
Nicholson, Francis. Map of the several nations of Indians to the Northwest of South Carolina. [S.l.: s.n, 1724] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2005625337/>.
More Maps like this
Map[Mapa del Golfo y costa de la Nueva España : desde el Río de Panuco hasta ... Relief shown pictorially. Shows the coast from the vicinity of the Cape Fear River in North Carolina of the United States, location of Indian settlements, and lakes and rivers in the region...
- Contributor: Archivo General De Indias - Santa Cruz, Alonso De
- Date: 1572
MapMap of property belonging to the Deep River Gold Mining Company : [Asheboro, N.C.] Shows a gold mining operations in the Ashboro area of North Carolina in the 1830s including individual buidlings and gold vein locations. Accompanied by a letter. Available also through the Library of...
- Contributor: Nicholson, Francis
- Date: 1838
MapDescripcion geographica de la parte que los españoles poseen actualmente en el continente de la Florida ... Relief shown pictorially. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. "Es copia conforme con el original existente en este Archivo General de Indias. Est 86-C[?] 5-L[?] 24. Sevilla y mayo 16 de 1914." LC Luso-Hispanic World,...
- Contributor: Gómes, José Luis - Arredondo, Antonio De.
- Date: 1914
MapCity of Washington. Shows block numbers and dimensions, street names, and land tracts and buildings belonging to Notley Young. Covers area bounded by Walter, F, 6th, and K streets S.W., Washington D.C. Facsim. of ms....
- Contributor: King, N. - King, N. (Nicholas)
- Date: 188?
Map[Cadastral survey map of land tracts in central Washington D.C. ca. 1793]. Facsim. of ms. cadastral survey of tracts named Duddington Pasture, Duddington Manor, and New Troy. "The whole now called Cerne-Abbey Manor contains 1531 [acres]. The resurvey is distinguished by black lines." Original...
- Contributor: Priggs, John F. A.
- Date: 1793