Maps [Manuscript plan of the Battle of Plattsburgh, New York].
About this Item
- [Manuscript plan of the Battle of Plattsburgh, New York].
- Contributor Names
- Thornton, Sarah, of Saco, Me.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Plattsburg, Battle of, Plattsburgh, N.Y., 1814--Maps, Manuscript
- - Plattsburgh (N.Y.)--History--War of 1812--Maps
- - Fortification--New York (State)--Plattsburgh--Maps
- - Plattsburgh (N.Y.)--Maps, Pictorial
- - Plattsburgh (N.Y.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--New York--Plattsburgh
- Manuscript maps
- - Shows buildings, fortifications, bodies of water, and line of ships in bay.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Title devised by cataloger.
- - Pen-and-ink (black/dark brown) and lead-pencil shading for bodies of water.
- - Oriented with north slightly to the lower right.
- - Folded to 9 x 17 cm. to be sent as a missive.
- - Accompanied by ms. statistical table: Report of military clothing recieved [sic] for the use of the 33rd Regt. of Infantry for the year ending on the 28th day of Feby. 1815 : necessary clothing wanted. Title on verso: Clothing report 33rd Infantry.  sheet : ms., black/red inks, lead pencil ; 31 x 64 cm., folded to 17 x 8 cm.
- - Includes handwritten notes along line of ships.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Handwritten mailing address (Mrs. Sarah Thornton, Saco, Maine), postal stamping, and red wax seal on verso.
- - Acquisitions control no.: 2004-11
- 1 ms. map ; on sheet 40 x 33 cm., folded to 9 x 17 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3804.P5S42 1814 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
New York (state)
Plattsburg, Battle Of, Plattsburgh, N.Y.
War of 1812
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thornton, Sarah, Of Saco, Me. [Manuscript plan of the Battle of Plattsburgh, New York]. [?, 1814] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005626081/. (Accessed September 01, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Thornton, S. (1814) [Manuscript plan of the Battle of Plattsburgh, New York]. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005626081/.
MLA citation style:
Thornton, Sarah, Of Saco, Me. [Manuscript plan of the Battle of Plattsburgh, New York]. [?, 1814] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2005626081/>.