Map Buffalo New York 1851. Village of Buffalo
About this Item
- Buffalo New York 1851.
- Village of Buffalo
- New York (State). Surveyor General.
- Ellicott, Joseph, 1760-1826.
- Historic Urban Plans (Firm)
- New York (State). Secretary's Office.
- Holland Land Company.
Created / Published
- Ithaca, N.Y. : Historic Urban Plans Inc., [1975?]
- - Real property--New York (State)--Buffalo--Maps--Facsimiles
- - Buffalo (N.Y.)--Maps--Facsimiles
- - United States--New York (State)--Buffalo
- - Cadastral map showing lot lines, lot numbers, acreages, and street names.
- - Facsim. "From the collection of Historic Urban Plans Inc., Ithaca, N.Y. 14851".
- - Original version: [Albany? : Secretary of State : Surveyor General, 1851]. From maps in the offices of Secretary of State & Surveyor General, Albany. Lith. of Rich'd H. Pease, Albany.
- - Includes inset "Map of the village of New Amsterdam (now the city of Buffalo) made for the Holland Land Company by Joseph Ellicott, surveyor, 1804".
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 51 x 40 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3804.B9G46 1851 .N4 1975
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Ellicott, Joseph
- Historic Urban Plans (Firm)
- Holland Land Company
- New York (State). Secretary's Office
- New York (State). Surveyor General
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
New York . Surveyor General, Joseph Ellicott, Historic Urban Plans, New York . Secretary'S Office, and Holland Land Company. Buffalo New York. [Ithaca, N.Y.: Historic Urban Plans Inc., ?, 1975] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2005626728/.
APA citation style:
New York . Surveyor General, Ellicott, J., Historic Urban Plans, New York . Secretary'S Office & Holland Land Company. (1975) Buffalo New York. [Ithaca, N.Y.: Historic Urban Plans Inc., ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005626728/.
MLA citation style:
New York . Surveyor General, et al. Buffalo New York. [Ithaca, N.Y.: Historic Urban Plans Inc., ?, 1975] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2005626728/>.