Map Map of the emigrant road from Independence Mo. to St. Francisco, California
About this Item
- Map of the emigrant road from Independence Mo. to St. Francisco, California
- Contributor Names
- Jefferson, T. H.
- Created / Published
- New York : T.H. Jefferson, 1849.
- Subject Headings
- - Trails--West (U.S.)--Maps
- - West (U.S.)--History--Maps
- - United States--West
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Accompanied by text: Accompaniment to the Map of the emigrant road from Independence, Mo. to St. Francisco, California by T.H. Jefferson, New York, 1849 (11 p., negative photocopy, folded in pocket, 16 cm.).
- - LC Trails, 113
- - "This map is in four parts and represents the emigrant road from Independence, Mo. by the South Pass of the Rocky Mountains to California. The author was one of a party of emigrants who travelled the road with waggons in 1846. All the streams of water and springs upon the road are delineated; also daily distances, courses and camps made by the party."--Printed on Part 1.
- - Sheets labeled Part I, Part II, Part III, and Part IV.
- - Includes notes and distance table.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Some acid-transfer.
- - LC copy quarter-bound in black leather with black and cream marbled board (42 cm.), map sheets mounted on linen.
- 1 map on 4 sheets ; sheets 41 x 56 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4051.P25 1849 .J4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jefferson, T. H. Map of the emigrant road from Independence Mo. to St. Francisco, California. New York: T.H. Jefferson, 1849. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2005627024/.
APA citation style:
Jefferson, T. H. (1849) Map of the emigrant road from Independence Mo. to St. Francisco, California. New York: T.H. Jefferson. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005627024/.
MLA citation style:
Jefferson, T. H. Map of the emigrant road from Independence Mo. to St. Francisco, California. New York: T.H. Jefferson, 1849. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2005627024/>.
More Maps like this
MapRoutes to the Pikes Peak gold regions. Relief shown by hachures. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Date: 186?
MapGeneral map of the United States & their territory between the Mississippi & the Pacific Ocean. ... Gold mines are indicated in yellow and silver mines in blue. Indicates post routes, "old trail," finished and unfinished railroads, and the proposed state of "Colona."
- Contributor: Fiala, John T.
- Date: 1859
MapMap of an exploring expedition to the Rocky Mountains in the year 1842 and to Oregon ... Relief shown by hachures. State 1: Does not include notes, Great Basin statement, or place name South Park below Bayou Salade; some place names differ from other states. Stamped on in lower...
- Contributor: Frémont, John Charles - Abert, John James
- Date: 1844
MapGeneral map of United States west main automobile routes. Annual. Scales vary. Relief shown by hachures. Text and distance chart on verso of some sheets. All issues received in LC after 2011 cataloged separately. Some previous issues also cataloged separately in...
- Contributor: American Automobile Association
- Date: 1916
MapHistoric forts of the old West Also shows historic trails. Includes index to forts, descriptive list of trails, and text. Descriptive index to forts and text on verso. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as...
- Contributor: United States. Army. Army, 6th. Office of the Chief. Public Affairs
- Date: 1976