Maps [Route map of Rockhill's explorations in Mongolia and Tibet 1891-1892].
About this Item
- [Route map of Rockhill's explorations in Mongolia and Tibet 1891-1892].
- Other Title
- Explorations in Mongolia and Tibet
- Meng Zang lü xing tu
- Contributor Names
- Rockhill, William Woodville, 1854-1914.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Inner Mongolia (China)--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- - Tibet Autonomous Region (China)--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- - China--Inner Mongolia
- - China--Tibet Autonomous Region
- Manuscript maps
- - Shows mountains, rivers, lakes, cities, towns, villages, and the Great Wall along Rockhill's travel routes in Mongolia and Tibet.
- - Covers Rockhill's expedition route from Zhangjiakou, passing through Inner Mongolia, Lanzhou, Qinghai to enter Tibet, and reach final destination of Xikangbatang.
- - Relief shown by form lines and spot heights.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - This map was prepared for "Meng Zang lü xing tu" published by Smithsonian Institute.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Gift; W.W. Rockhill; 1904.
- - Prev. call#: G7891.S12 1892 .T Vault.
- 1 ms. map on 6 sheets : col. ; sheet 74 x 57 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G7823.I5S12 1891 .R6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Library of Congress Catalog Number Record
- Online Public Access Catalog Record
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rockhill, William Woodville. [Route map of Rockhill's explorations in Mongolia and Tibet 1891 to 1892]. [to 1892, 1891] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005629017. (Accessed February 13, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Rockhill, W. W. (1891) [Route map of Rockhill's explorations in Mongolia and Tibet 1891 to 1892]. [to 1892] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005629017.
MLA citation style:
Rockhill, William Woodville. [Route map of Rockhill's explorations in Mongolia and Tibet 1891 to 1892]. [to 1892, 1891] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2005629017>.