Map [Globus terrarum]
About this Item
- [Globus terrarum]
- Habrecht, Isaac, 1589-1633.
- Fürst, Paul, approximately 1605-1666.
Created / Published
- [Nuremberg : Paulus Fürst, ca. 1660]
- - World maps--Early works to 1800
- - Globes--Early works to 1800
- - Earth (Planet)
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Gores for a 20 cm. globe.
- - Title supplied by cataloger.
- - Date from Shirley's Mapping of the world, 1993.
- - Includes ill.
- - LC copy: Sheet 1 annotated in pencil in upper right "W. Lowery" and in ink in upper left "27". Sheet 4 annotated in ink in upper right "114" and lower left "26".
- - LC copy imperfect: Lacking sheet 2. Central vertical fold lines on all sheets. Discoloration, spotting, and liquid staining with a tear toward left edge on sheet 1. Discoloration and spotting on sheet 3.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 4 sheets ; sheets 41 x 33 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3201.B71 1660 .H2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Habrecht, Isaac, and Paul Fürst. Globus Terrarum. [Nuremberg: Paulus Fürst, 1612] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2006458097/.
APA citation style:
Habrecht, I. & Fürst, P. (1612) Globus Terrarum. [Nuremberg: Paulus Fürst] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006458097/.
MLA citation style:
Habrecht, Isaac, and Paul Fürst. Globus Terrarum. [Nuremberg: Paulus Fürst, 1612] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2006458097/>.