Maps Map of northern Georgia
About this Item
- Map of northern Georgia
- Contributor Names
- Merrill, W. E. (William Emery), 1837-1891.
- Finegan, N.
- Riemann, H.
- United States. Army of the Cumberland. Topographical Engineers Office.
- Created / Published
- Chattanooga, Tenn. : Lith. and printed in Topl. Engr. Office, Dept. Cumbd., 1864.
- Subject Headings
- - Sherman, William T.--(William Tecumseh),--1820-1891
- - Georgia--Maps
- - Alabama--Maps
- - United States--Georgia
- - United States--Alabama
- - Also shows eastern Alabama.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), S29, S30
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Signed in ink on verso: "W.T. Sherman, Maj. Gen. Map used by General Sherman in the campaign of 1864."
- - Map also signed in ink on verso: "Corse" [i.e., Maj. Gen. John M. Corse].
- - Includes annotations in pencil.
- 1 map : sectioned into 24 pieces, mounted on cloth, hand col. ; 87 x 82 cm., folded in cover 19 x 25 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3920 1864 .M42
- G3920 1864 .M42 Copy 2 Vault : Sher 30 Folded in cover 18 x 27 cm., signed in pencil on verso: "W.T. Sherman, Maj. Genl."
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Merrill, W. E.
Merrill, W. E. (william Emery)
United States. Army of the Cumberland. Topographical Engineers Office
Sherman, William T.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Merrill, W. E, N Finegan, H Riemann, and United States Army Of The Cumberland. Topographical Engineers Office. Map of northern Georgia. Chattanooga, Tenn.: Lith. and printed in Topl. Engr. Office, Dept. Cumbd, 1864. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006458675/. (Accessed July 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Merrill, W. E., Finegan, N., Riemann, H. & United States Army Of The Cumberland. Topographical Engineers Office. (1864) Map of northern Georgia. Chattanooga, Tenn.: Lith. and printed in Topl. Engr. Office, Dept. Cumbd. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006458675/.
MLA citation style:
Merrill, W. E, et al. Map of northern Georgia. Chattanooga, Tenn.: Lith. and printed in Topl. Engr. Office, Dept. Cumbd, 1864. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2006458675/>.