About this Item
- Contributor Names
- United States. Army of the Potomac. Engineer Department.
- Michler, N. (Nathaniel), 1827-1881.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.? : Army of the Potomac, Engineer Department], Novbr 2nd 1864.
- Subject Headings
- - Petersburg Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Fortification--Virginia--Petersburg Region--Maps
- - Landowners--Virginia--Petersburg Region--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Petersburg
- - Shows fortifications and names of some residents.
- - Official [signed] N. Michler, Major [of Engrs.].
- - LC copy annotated in pen-and-ink, watercolor, crayon and pencil to show picket lines of the 2nd, 5th, and 6th Union corps situated between Fort Wadsworth and Billup's P.O. on the Weldon and Petersburg R.R. "Gilbert Thompson" stamped on lower right corner, annotated in pencil.
- - Sun print.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 608
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Acquisitions control no.: 1995-40 for copy 2.
- 1 map : photocopy, hand col., sectioned in 8 mounted on cloth ; 61 x 51 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3884.P4S5 1864 .U512
- G3884.P4S5 1864 .U512 Uncolored photocopy map, 60 x 53 cm., on two sheets pasted together, with scale annotated in crayon. Transferred from the Joseph Warren Keifer Papers in the Manuscript Division, L.C. Some losses, discoloration, soiling, and staining along margins. Torn left edge and bottom along fold lines.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsMichler, N. (nathaniel)
United States. Army of the Potomac. Engineer Department
Petersburg Region (va.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Army Of The Potomac. Engineer Department, and N Michler. Petersburg. [Washington, D.C.?: Army of the Potomac, Engineer Department, Novbr 2nd, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006626043/. (Accessed August 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
United States Army Of The Potomac. Engineer Department & Michler, N. (1864) Petersburg. [Washington, D.C.?: Army of the Potomac, Engineer Department, Novbr 2nd] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006626043/.
MLA citation style:
United States Army Of The Potomac. Engineer Department, and N Michler. Petersburg. [Washington, D.C.?: Army of the Potomac, Engineer Department, Novbr 2nd, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2006626043/>.