Map Map of the vicinity of Richmond and part of the Peninsula
About this Item
- Map of the vicinity of Richmond and part of the Peninsula
- Campbell, Albert H. (Albert Henry), 1826-1899.
Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n.] , 1864
- - Richmond Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Virginia Peninsula (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Richmond Region
- - United States--Virginia--Virginia Peninsula
- Salted paper prints--1861-1865
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Covers that portion of the Virginia Peninsula between Round Squirrel Church, 15 miles northwest of Richmond, to Old Barrell's Ferry on the Chickahominy River, 35 miles southeast of Richmond.
- - "Approved, April 24th, 1864, Albert H. Campbell, Capt. P. Engrs. in Chge. &c, &c."
- - "Photographed in Off. Top. Dept., D.N.V."
- - "Sanxay & Gomert's Patent"
- - Hand colored photocopy showing roads in brown, principle rivers in blue, fortifications, railroads, street pattern of Richmond towns, houses, names of residents, bridges, fords, and ferries.
- - Sun print.
- - Civil War salted paper maps. AL-60.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 624
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col., photocopy ; 94 x 72 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3884.R5S5 1864 .C31
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Campbell, Albert H. Map of the vicinity of Richmond and part of the Peninsula. [S.l.: s.n, 1864] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2006626051/.
APA citation style:
Campbell, A. H. (1864) Map of the vicinity of Richmond and part of the Peninsula. [S.l.: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006626051/.
MLA citation style:
Campbell, Albert H. Map of the vicinity of Richmond and part of the Peninsula. [S.l.: s.n, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2006626051/>.