Map Orbis terrarum nova et accuratissima tabula
About this Item
- Orbis terrarum nova et accuratissima tabula
- Contributor Names
- Visscher, Nicolaes, 1649-1702.
- Created / Published
- [Amsterdam] : Nicolao Visscher, [1690?]
- Subject Headings
- - World maps--Early works to 1800
- - Earth
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Appears in the author's Atlas minor. Amsterdam, 1690?
- - Includes ancillary maps of north polar region and south polar region and col. ill.
- - Mounted on cloth.
- - LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined vertically in half. Minor losses along upper half of fold.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 2 hemispheres each 28 cm. in diam., on sheet 50 x 62 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3200 1690 .V5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Relief shown pictorially. Appears in the author's Atlas minor. Amsterdam, 1690? Includes ancillary maps of north polar region and south polar region and col. ill. Mounted on cloth. LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined vertically in half. Minor losses along upper half of fold. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Visscher, Nicolaes. Orbis Terrarum Nova Et Accuratissima Tabula. [Amsterdam: Nicolao Visscher, ?, 1690] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2006627252/.
APA citation style:
Visscher, N. (1690) Orbis Terrarum Nova Et Accuratissima Tabula. [Amsterdam: Nicolao Visscher, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006627252/.
MLA citation style:
Visscher, Nicolaes. Orbis Terrarum Nova Et Accuratissima Tabula. [Amsterdam: Nicolao Visscher, ?, 1690] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2006627252/>.
More Maps like this
MapNovissima et accuratissima totius Americae descriptio Relief shown pictorially. Includes illustrated cartouche, illustrations, and historical note in upper left corner. LC copy mounted on cloth, with artificial leather border. Stamped on verso: 1489. Available also through the Library...
- Contributor: Visscher, Nicolaes
- Date: 1660
Map[Terrestrial globe gores]. Relief shown pictorially. Title supplied by cataloger. Reissued by Giuseppe di Rossi in 1615. Dedication in upper hemisphere: Illmo. viro optimaraq. artium amatori et Fautori D. Paulo Mellino Romano ... In lower...
- Contributor: Rossi, Giuseppe Di. - Hondius, Jodocus
- Date: 1615
MapKun yu quan tu.
坤舆全图. Wood block prints. Shows the world in two hemispheres. Relief shown pictorially. Based on the world map of Joannes Blaeu. Translated title: Double Hemisphere Map of the World. Includes ill. and text....
- Contributor: Verbiest, Ferdinand - Blaeu, Joan - Hummel, Arthur W. (Arthur William)
- Date: 1674
MapDa Qing wan nian yi tong tian xia quan tu.
大清万年一统天下全图. | The great Qing Dynasty's complete map of all under heaven Scale ca. 1:2,500,000. Covers from Korea to India, from Russia to Brunei. Shows the world known to the Chinese, with China at the center of the map. Wood block print. Relief shown...
- Contributor: Hummel, Arthur W. (Arthur William) - Huang, Qianren
- Date: 1811
MapDa Qing tong shu zhi gong wan guo jing wei di qiu shi fang yu gu ...
大清統屬職貢萬國經緯地球式方輿古今圖 / | Da Qing tong shu zhi gong wan guo jing wei di qiu shi | The Great Qing Dynasty world map of tribute-bearing countries with spherical coordinates, past and present Scale ca. 1:60,000,000. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. Shows the world in 2 hemispheres. Also shows coordinates and dotted lines on the map. Based on "Zhi fang hui lan si yi tu shuo" produced...
- Contributor: Zhuang, Tingfu
- Date: 1794