Maps Thirty five miles around Richmond, Va.
About this Item
- Thirty five miles around Richmond, Va.
- Contributor Names
- Hotchkiss, Jedediah, 1828-1899.
- Bohn, Casimir.
- Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. ; Richmond, Va. : C. Bohn, 1867.
- Subject Headings
- - Richmond Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Richmond Region
- - Shows radial distances from Richmond. Does not show fortifications.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 631.2
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes views of "The capitol of the C.S., Richmond" and "Washington Monument, Richmond".
- - Insets: Map of the city of Richmond, Va., from the U.S. Coast Survey map of 1860, with additions by Jed. Hotchkiss. 1866. Scale [ca. 1:52,000]. -- Map of the city of Petersburg, Va., from Lynch's map with the Confederate & Federal lines on the east from C.S. Engr. maps by Jed. Hotchkiss. Scale [ca. 1:52,000].
- - LC copy: Inscribed in ink at bottom left: To Col. A.L. Rivers with the compliments of Jed. Hotchkiss, Staunton, Va., 1867.
- - LC copy: Sectioned in two and mounted on cloth, with some losses and tears at edges.
- 1 map : col. ; 69 x 58 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3884.R5 1867 .H61
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hotchkiss, Jedediah, and Casimir Bohn. Thirty five miles around Richmond, Va. Washington, D.C. ; Richmond, Va.: C. Bohn, 1867. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006629172/. (Accessed December 06, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Hotchkiss, J. & Bohn, C. (1867) Thirty five miles around Richmond, Va. Washington, D.C. ; Richmond, Va.: C. Bohn. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006629172/.
MLA citation style:
Hotchkiss, Jedediah, and Casimir Bohn. Thirty five miles around Richmond, Va. Washington, D.C. ; Richmond, Va.: C. Bohn, 1867. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2006629172/>.