Maps Sketch of the Confederate and Federal lines around Petersburg
About this Item
- Sketch of the Confederate and Federal lines around Petersburg
- Contributor Names
- Stevens, W. H. (Walter H.)
- Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n., 186-]
- Subject Headings
- - Petersburg (Va.)--History--Siege, 1864-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Petersburg
- - Sun print.
- - Photocopy (positive).
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 610
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Indicates roads, picket lines, houses, names of residents, drainage, and vegetation.
- - Indicates Union and Confederate works hand-colored blue and red respectively. Indicates location of Confederate covered ways, guns, and mortars.
- - In ink on verso: 114.
- - Errata note (in manuscript) on verso.
- - This map was in the possession of Jedediah Hotchkiss at the time of his death. Major Hotchkiss served as a topographic engineer with the Army of Northern Virginia.This map was acquired by the Library of Congress in 1948 with the purchase of the papers and maps of Jedediah Hotchkiss.
- 1 map : photocopy; 41 x 79 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3884.P4S5 186- .S4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Stevens, W. H. Sketch of the Confederate and Federal lines around Petersburg. [S.l.: s.n., 186] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006629756/. (Accessed December 07, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Stevens, W. H. Sketch of the Confederate and Federal lines around Petersburg. [S.l.: s.n., 186] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006629756/.
MLA citation style:
Stevens, W. H. Sketch of the Confederate and Federal lines around Petersburg. [S.l.: s.n., 186] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2006629756/>.