Map Map of the vicinity of Richmond and part of the Peninsula
About this Item
- Map of the vicinity of Richmond and part of the Peninsula
- Campbell, Albert H. (Albert Henry), 1826-1899.
Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n.] , 1864
- - Richmond Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Virginia Peninsula (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Richmond Region
- - United States--Virginia--Virginia Peninsula
- Salted paper prints--1861-1865
- - Sun print.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 625
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Map of the Virginia Peninsula from Round Squirrel Church,15 miles northwest of Richmond, to Williamsburg, 44 miles southeast of Richmond.
- - Hand colored photocopy showing roads in brown, principal rivers in blue, fortifications, railroads, street pattern of Richmond, towns, houses, names of residents, bridges, fords, and ferries.
- - "Sanzay & Gomert's patent".
- - Civil War salted paper maps. AL-108, AL-109.
- - Roads marked and highlighted in red. Sectioned into 48 and mounted on 2 pieces of cloth, 95 x 51 cm.
- - Signed in ms. on verso: The property of T. Sewell Ball, Pikesville, Baltimore Co., Maryland.
- 1 map : photocopy, hand col. ; 95 x 102 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3884.R5S5 1864 .C31
- G3884.R5S5 1864 .C31 Copy 2 annotated in red ink, some areas highlighted in green. Annotated in black ink in lower left corner: "Feb. 18th, 1870. Apricots in bloom at Shirley." This map was acquired by the Library of Congress in 1948 with the purchase of the papers and maps of Jedediah Hotchkiss. Sectioned into 48 and mounted on cloth.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Campbell, Albert H. Map of the vicinity of Richmond and part of the Peninsula. [S.l.: s.n, 1864] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2006629757/.
APA citation style:
Campbell, A. H. (1864) Map of the vicinity of Richmond and part of the Peninsula. [S.l.: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006629757/.
MLA citation style:
Campbell, Albert H. Map of the vicinity of Richmond and part of the Peninsula. [S.l.: s.n, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2006629757/>.