Map Topographical map of the City of New York : showing original water courses and made land City of New York
About this Item
- Topographical map of the City of New York : showing original water courses and made land
- Other Title
- City of New York
- Contributor Names
- Viele, Egbert L. (Egbert Ludovicus), 1825-1902.
- Ferd. Mayer & Co.
- Created / Published
- N[ew] Y[ork] : Ferd. Mayer & Co., c1865.
- Subject Headings
- - Manhattan (New York, N.Y.)--Maps
- - Manhattan (New York, N.Y.)--Historical geography--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Manhattan (New York)
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1865 by Egbert L. Viele in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the United States for the Southern District of New York."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes 3 cross sections and inset map of the northern tip of the island.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 45 x 161 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3804.N4:2M3 1865 .V5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Viele, Egbert L, and Ferd. Mayer & Co. Topographical map of the City of New York: showing original water courses and made land. [New York: Ferd. Mayer & Co, 1865] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2006629795/.
APA citation style:
Viele, E. L. & Ferd. Mayer & Co. (1865) Topographical map of the City of New York: showing original water courses and made land. [New York: Ferd. Mayer & Co] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006629795/.
MLA citation style:
Viele, Egbert L, and Ferd. Mayer & Co. Topographical map of the City of New York: showing original water courses and made land. [New York: Ferd. Mayer & Co, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2006629795/>.
More Maps like this
MapAtlas of the city of New York lying south of 166th st. showing surface railroads Blue line print. Includes index map. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Annotations in ink, pencil, and colored pencil on some maps. LC copy imperfect:...
- Contributor: Metropolitan Street Railway Company. Maintenance of Way Department
- Date: 1896
Map[Bird's-eye-view of Manhattan and adjacent districts, New York City]. Lacks title and legend. LC Panoramic maps (2nd ed.), 584.1 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Date: 1900
MapThe Merchants' Association hotel and theater map. Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Merchants Association of New York
- Date: 1906
MapAerial survey, Manhattan Island, New York City Airphoto mosaic. Also covers adjacent part of The Bronx. "This mosaic was made by assembling 100 aerial photographs taken ... at an altitude of 10,000 feet." Donated to the Geography and Map...
- Contributor: Fairchild Aerial Camera Corporation
- Date: 1921
MapMap and guide of the elevated railroads of New York City. Outline map of Manhattan showing stations. Includes train schedule and list of points of interest.
- Contributor: Manhattan Railway - Latimer, H. I.
- Date: 1881