Map Chart of the Mediterranean Sea
About this Item
- Chart of the Mediterranean Sea
- Thomson, John, active 19th century.
- Neele, Samuel John, 1758-1824.
Created / Published
- [S.l.] : Thomson, 1817.
- - Mediterranean Sea--Maps
- - Harbors--Mediterranean Sea--Maps
- - Mediterranean Sea
- - Relief shown by hachures; depths by soundings in insets.
- - Insets: Bay & roads of Marseilles -- The harbour of Genoa -- Plan of the rock and bay of Gibraltar : shewing the position of the combined fleet and attack of the battering ships in 1782 -- Gulf of Smyrna -- Attack on Algiers by the fleet under the command of Adml. Lord Exmouth, Augst. 27th, 1816 -- Sketch of watering place of Algeziras -- Leghorn Road.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 49 x 59 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G5672.M4 1817 .T4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thomson, John, Active 19Th Century, and Samuel John Neele. Chart of the Mediterranean Sea. [S.l.: Thomson, 1817] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2006635243/.
APA citation style:
Thomson, J. & Neele, S. J. (1817) Chart of the Mediterranean Sea. [S.l.: Thomson] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006635243/.
MLA citation style:
Thomson, John, Active 19Th Century, and Samuel John Neele. Chart of the Mediterranean Sea. [S.l.: Thomson, 1817] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2006635243/>.