Map Central Virginia
About this Item
- Central Virginia
- United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers.
Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.?] : Bureau of Topographical Engineers, 
- - Virginia--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Cannot identify with either Oct. 27, 1864 variant (CW501.5 and CW 501.6), as the map has been trimmed, so the presence or absence of the printer statement cannot be ascertained.
- - LC copy printed on two sheets, and mounted on paper.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) S178
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Trimmed along all edges, lacking coordinates, neat line and 10 cm. off the bottom of the map.
- 1 map ; 55 x 79 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3880 1864 .U56
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers. Central Virginia. [Washington, D.C.?: Bureau of Topographical Engineers, 1864] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2006635254/.
APA citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers. (1864) Central Virginia. [Washington, D.C.?: Bureau of Topographical Engineers] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006635254/.
MLA citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers. Central Virginia. [Washington, D.C.?: Bureau of Topographical Engineers, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2006635254/>.