Maps Map of middle and east Tennessee and parts of Alabama and Georgia
About this Item
- Map of middle and east Tennessee and parts of Alabama and Georgia
- Contributor Names
- Michler, N. (Nathaniel), 1827-1881.
- Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n.], 1862.
- Subject Headings
- - Tennessee, Middle--Maps
- - Tennessee, East--Maps
- - Alabama--Maps
- - Georgia--Maps
- - United States--Tennessee--Middle
- - United States--Tennessee--East
- - United States--Alabama
- - United States--Georgia
- - Railroads are colored red, drainage is blue, and some roads are brown. A few corrections in ink are indicated in the vicinity of Chattanooga.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), S162, 393.5
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy sectioned into 37 pieces and mounted on cloth-backing.
- 1 map on two sheets : photocopy ; 116 x 178 cm., sheets 116 x 92 cm. and 116 x 86 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3962.T45 1862 .M5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Michler, N. Map of middle and east Tennessee and parts of Alabama and Georgia. [S.l.: s.n, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006636344/. (Accessed August 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Michler, N. (1862) Map of middle and east Tennessee and parts of Alabama and Georgia. [S.l.: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006636344/.
MLA citation style:
Michler, N. Map of middle and east Tennessee and parts of Alabama and Georgia. [S.l.: s.n, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2006636344/>.