Film, Video La poule phénomène Phenomenal hen / Special effects reel / Chicken
About this Item
- La poule phénomène
- Phenomenal hen
- Special effects reel
- A magician produces a chicken from an immense egg, and then six chicks from eggs laid by that chicken. The chicken is wrapped in paper and put into a pot. The chicks go back into their eggs, which are broken into the pot. From the pot, the magician pulls out the chicken, alive!
- Pathé frères (France)
Created / Published
- France : Pathé frères, 1905.
- - Chickens
- - Magic
- Trick films
- Short films
- Silent films
- - French and English language titles from AFI STAR database record no. 40291.
- - Beginning and end titles lacking.
- - Most of summary from AFI STAR database record no. 40291.
- - Pathé no. 1239.
- - Copy 1 is on one reel with five other films. Followed by A touching pleading, [Story of Christ], Liliputian dance, The enchanted glasses, and The golden beetle.
- - Copy 2 is on one reel with copy 2 of A touching pleading.
- - The digital file and Betacam SP were made from the viewing print, copy 1 (FBC 7678).
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Digital files viewed.
- - Sources used: AFI STAR database record no. 40291; American Film Institute online catalog; Catalogue Pathé des années 1896 à 1914, 1896 à 1906, p. 906.
- viewing copy 1 videocassette of 1 (Betacam SP) (ca. 3 min.) : si., b&w ; 1/2 in.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 100 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 100 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- VRA 1876 (viewing copy)
- FBC 7678 (viewing print)
- FAC 1315 (viewing print, copy 2)
- Niver (Kemp) Collection (Library of Congress)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The materials in France in America are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, France in America.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Pathé Frères. La Poule Phénomène. France: Pathé frères, 1905. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2006640662/.
APA citation style:
Pathé Frères. (1905) La Poule Phénomène. France: Pathé frères. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006640662/.
MLA citation style:
Pathé Frères. La Poule Phénomène. France: Pathé frères, 1905. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2006640662/>.