Film, Video Liliputian dance /
About this Item
- Liliputian dance /
- Other Title
- Danses lilliputiennes
- Special effects reel.
- Lilliputian dance
- A basket of flowers appears and moves by itself to the middle of a decorative arch. From the basket, a woman magician appears. From a cylinder, the magician conjures a series of tiny dancers and acrobats who perform on a table top, and in the palm of her hand. She puts dancers back into the cylinder, then stirs and shakes the contents, and out pops another dancer. She puts them back into the cylinder, then arranges six small cups in a line along the table top. She waves her wand and six tiny dancers appear and dance on a board placed across the tops of the cups. Then, one by one she makes all her props disappear and produces a basket of flowers, which she enlarges and scatters about the stage. The flowers turn into life-sized dancers. A man dressed in a tutu comes forward and takes a bow with the magician.
- Contributor Names
- Pathé frères (France)
- Pathé Frères (U.S.)
- Niver (Kemp) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Pathé Frères, 1906.
- Subject Headings
- - Dancers--Drama
- - Magic tricks--Drama
- Trick films
- Short films
- Silent films
- Fiction films
- - Beginning title lacking; English language title from American Film Institute online catalog.
- - Originally released in France by Pathé frères in 1906.
- - Pathé no. 1185.
- - MAVIS 64253; Liliputian dance.
- - On one film reel/videocassette with five other films. Preceded by La poule phénomène, A touching pleading, [Story of Christ]. Followed by The enchanted glasses, and The golden beetle.
- - Digital files viewed.
- - Sources used: American Film Institute online catalog; M/B/RS Subjects files (Pathé frères catalogue, 1907, p. 112); Catalogue Pathé des années 1896 à 1914, 1896 à 1906, p. 899.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 3-3-1997; viewing print; gift; Niver (Kemp) Collection.
- - Received: 1-24-2007 from VidiPax; master preservation; Niver (Kemp) Collection.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 3 min., ca. 100 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. viewing print.
- 1 videocassette of 1 (Betacam SP) (ca. 3 min.) : si., b&w ; 1/2 in. master.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FBC 7678 (viewing print)
- VRA 1876 (master)
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Pathé Frères, U.S Pathé Frères, and Niver. Liliputian Dance. United States: Pathé Frères, 1906. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006640665/. (Accessed July 23, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Pathé Frères, Pathé Frères, U. S. & Niver. (1906) Liliputian Dance. United States: Pathé Frères. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006640665/.
MLA citation style:
Pathé Frères, U.S Pathé Frères, and Niver. Liliputian Dance. United States: Pathé Frères, 1906. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2006640665/>.