Book/Printed Material Shir ha-shirim asher li-Shelomoh = The Song of Solomon The Song of Solomon / / Song of Songs which is Solomon's / Song of Solomon
About this Item
- Shir ha-shirim asher li-Shelomoh = The Song of Solomon
- The Song of Solomon /
- Song of Songs which is Solomon's
- Song of Solomon
- This work is a modern artist's edition of the biblical Song of Songs, traditionally attributed to King Solomon. The Song of Songs has been interpreted in different ways, ranging from literal interpretations that focus on human love between a man and a woman to those that see it as a divine allegory of God's love for the Jewish people. This edition, by Israeli artist Tamar Messer, emphasizes the connection between the Jewish people and the Land of Israel. The text is in Hebrew and English. The original silk screen illustrations depict the flora, fauna, and landscapes of ancient Israel. The jewel-like colors and stylized imagery are reminiscent of early stained glass and reflect what the artist referred to as "the exuberant devotion" of the text. Each of the 20 illustrations is silk-screened on Arches paper, using 20-30 color plates per image. World Digital Library.
- Meser, Tamar, ill
- Tamar Messer Gallery (Haifa, Israel)
Created / Published
- Ḥefah : Galeryah/Sṭudyo Tamar Meser, 
- - Bible.--Song of Solomon--Illustrations
- - LC copy: no. 45/50, in wooden box, signed and numbered by the artist.
- - Also available in digital form.
- - Text in Hebrew and English.
- 40 p. : col. ill. ; 31 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- BS1482 .M47 2001
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Meser, Tamar, Ill, and Tamar Messer Gallery. Shir ha-shirim asher li-Shelomoh = The Song of Solomon. [Ḥefah: Galeryah/Sṭudyo Tamar Meser, 2001] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2007550988/.
APA citation style:
Meser, T. & Tamar Messer Gallery. (2001) Shir ha-shirim asher li-Shelomoh = The Song of Solomon. [Ḥefah: Galeryah/Sṭudyo Tamar Meser] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007550988/.
MLA citation style:
Meser, Tamar, Ill, and Tamar Messer Gallery. Shir ha-shirim asher li-Shelomoh = The Song of Solomon. [Ḥefah: Galeryah/Sṭudyo Tamar Meser, 2001] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2007550988/>.