Manuscript/Mixed Material Hernán Cortés power of attorney,
About this Item
- Hernán Cortés power of attorney,
- Power of attorney (DS) appointing agents to act in his interest in a residencia hearing ordered by King Charles as an investigation into his administration. Written at Tenustitlan (Tenochtitlan), Mexico.
- Cortés, Hernán, 1485-1547.
- Jay I. Kislak Collection (Library of Congress)
- - Charles--V,--Holy Roman Emperor,--1500-1558
- - Mexico--History--Conquest, 1519-1540
- - Governor of New Spain.
- - In Spanish.
- - Provenance: Gift of Jay I. Kislak Foundation.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - NUCMC/kislak
- - NUCMC/vm01
- - Kislak accession no.: 1987.052.00.0001
- 1 1/4 p.; 12 1/4 in. x 8 3/4 in.
Call Number/Physical Location
- Kislak MS 193
- Library of Congress Rare Book and Special Collections Division Jay I. Kislak Collection Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu (Acc. 1987.052.00.0001)
Library of Congress Control Number
- Collection open for research.
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Jay I. Kislak Collection are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse. The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
The Kislak Collection is open to research. Because many of the items in the collection are on exhibit in the Library of Congress’ galleries, researchers are advised to contact the Geography and Map Division and/or the Rare Book and Special Collections Division prior to visiting in order to determine whether the desired materials will be available at that time.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Jay I. Kislak Collection.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cortés, Hernán, and Jay I. Kislak Collection. Hernán Cortés power of attorney. 1526. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2007574373/.
APA citation style:
Cortés, H. & Jay I. Kislak Collection. (1526) Hernán Cortés power of attorney. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007574373/.
MLA citation style:
Cortés, Hernán, and Jay I. Kislak Collection. Hernán Cortés power of attorney. 1526. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2007574373/>.