Map Weltkarte des Idrisi vom Jahr 1154 n. Ch., Charta Rogeriana Charta Rogeriana / Explanations to the proof of the map of the world drawn by Idrisi in 1154 and restored by K. Miller in 1927
About this Item
- Weltkarte des Idrisi vom Jahr 1154 n. Ch., Charta Rogeriana
- Charta Rogeriana
- Explanations to the proof of the map of the world drawn by Idrisi in 1154 and restored by K. Miller in 1927
- Idrīsī, approximately 1100-1166.
- Miller, Konrad, 1844-1933.
Created / Published
- Stuttgart : Konrad Miller, 1928.
- - World maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - Earth
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Place names in romanized Arabic. Accompanying text in English.
- - Facsimile.
- - Original version: 1154.
- - Oriented with north to the bottom.
- - Originally printed on 6 sheets, each ca. 47 x 68 cm.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - In manuscript blue pencil on verso: "Idrisi Weltkarte 1154 A.D., S. 1. Band, 2 Heft."
- 1 map : col. ; 85 x 193 cm. + 1 text (38 p. ; 26 cm.)
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3200 1154 .I3 1928
- G3200 1154 .I3 1928 Copy 2 Sectioned into 4 pieces, each 50 x 93 cm. Mounted on cloth.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Idrīsī, Approximately, and Konrad Miller. Weltkarte des Idrisi vom Jahrn. Ch., Charta Rogeriana. Stuttgart: Konrad Miller, 1928. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2007626789/.
APA citation style:
Idrīsī, A. & Miller, K. (1928) Weltkarte des Idrisi vom Jahrn. Ch., Charta Rogeriana. Stuttgart: Konrad Miller. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007626789/.
MLA citation style:
Idrīsī, Approximately, and Konrad Miller. Weltkarte des Idrisi vom Jahrn. Ch., Charta Rogeriana. Stuttgart: Konrad Miller, 1928. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2007626789/>.