Maps Voyage du Général Lafayette aux États-Unis.
About this Item
- Voyage du Général Lafayette aux États-Unis.
- Contributor Names
- Frestel, Gaston.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Lafayette, Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert Du Motier,--marquis de,--1757-1834--Travel--United States
- - United States--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States
- - Lists of places visited in French otherwise maps in English.
- - Title from cover.
- - Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington, D.C.; Washington, D.C. only on map VIII.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor on tracing paper.
- - Maps include list of places visited. Maps II and III are accompanied by the list of places visited (each on paper, 20 x 29 cm.).
- - Map VII includes the inset "Profile of the levels of the Grand Erie Canal."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Minor discoloration along fold of each sheet.
- - Atlas disbound and conserved. Each map separately matted.
- - Vendor: Richelieu Drouot
- - Acquisitions control no. 2000-002
- - Vault
- 1 ms. atlas ( leaves) : 8 col. maps ; 49 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G1200 .F7 1827
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Frestel, Gaston. Voyage du Général Lafayette aux États-Unis. 1827. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007626878/. (Accessed October 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Frestel, G. (1827) Voyage du Général Lafayette aux États-Unis. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007626878/.
MLA citation style:
Frestel, Gaston. Voyage du Général Lafayette aux États-Unis. 1827. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2007626878/>.