Maps Pacific Coast from San Francisco Bay to the Strait of Juan de Fuca
About this Item
- Pacific Coast from San Francisco Bay to the Strait of Juan de Fuca
- Other Title
- San Francisco to Strait of Juan de Fuca
- Contributor Names
- U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey.
- Junken, Charles.
- Lindenkohl, A.
- Knight, H. M.
- Thorn, F. M.
- Colonna, B. A. (Benjamin Allison)
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.?] : U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, 1888
- Subject Headings
- - Pacific Coast (U.S.)--Maps
- - Nautical charts--Pacific Coast (U.S.)
- - Lighthouses--Pacific Coast (U.S.)--Maps
- - United States--Pacific Coast
- - Relief shown by hachures and spot heights. Depths shown by soundings.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), S202
- - Includes table of sea coast lights and notes.
- - In top left margin: No. 602.
- - In top center margin: Plate no. 2029.
- - In top right margin: Electrotype copy no. 2 U.S.C. & G.S.
- - Stamped in blue ink in lower margin: Printed Sep 18 1889.
- - In lower right margin: 602.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Stamped on verso: 602.
- - LC copy imperfect: Sectioned horizontally in half.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 104 x 71 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4232.C6 1888 .U2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsColonna, A. (benjamin Allison)
Knight, H. M.
Thorn, F. M.
U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey
Pacific Coast (u.s.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey, Charles Junken, A Lindenkohl, H. M Knight, F. M Thorn, and B. A Colonna. Pacific Coast from San Francisco Bay to the Strait of Juan de Fuca. [Washington, D.C.?: U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, 1888] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007626931/. (Accessed September 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey, Junken, C., Lindenkohl, A., Knight, H. M., Thorn, F. M. & Colonna, B. A. (1888) Pacific Coast from San Francisco Bay to the Strait of Juan de Fuca. [Washington, D.C.?: U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007626931/.
MLA citation style:
U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey, et al. Pacific Coast from San Francisco Bay to the Strait of Juan de Fuca. [Washington, D.C.?: U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, 1888] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2007626931/>.