Maps Second Manassas Campaign, August 17 - September 1, 1862
About this Item
- Second Manassas Campaign, August 17 - September 1, 1862
- Contributor Names
- Russell, Robert E. L.
- Created / Published
- Baltimore : [s.n.], 1943.
- Subject Headings
- - Bull Run, 2nd Battle of, Va., 1862--Maps
- - Manassas Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Manassas Region
- - Bull Run, 2nd Battle of, Va
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Synopsis of Second Manassas Campaign" precedes Map 1.
- - Annotated in pen-and-ink and watercolor to show infantry and cavalry positions with blank leaves at end.
- - Includes notes.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 575
- - LeGear. Atlases of the United States, 10667
- - Call no. cited in LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.): G1292.B8S5 .R8 1943 folio.$5 DLC
- - Listed in C. E. Le Gear's A List of Geographical Atlases in the Library of Congress (Washington, Library of Congress, 1973), v. 7, no. 10666.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 atlas ( leaves) : 30 hand col. maps, photocopy ; 47 x 59 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G1294.M25S5 R8 1943
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Russell, Robert E. L. Second Manassas Campaign, August 17 - September 1, 1862. [Baltimore: s.n, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007627339/. (Accessed September 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Russell, R. E. L. (1862) Second Manassas Campaign, August 17 - September 1, 1862. [Baltimore: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007627339/.
MLA citation style:
Russell, Robert E. L. Second Manassas Campaign, August 17 - September 1, 1862. [Baltimore: s.n, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2007627339/>.