Map Second Manassas Campaign, August 17 - September 1, 1862
About this Item
- Second Manassas Campaign, August 17 - September 1, 1862
- Contributor Names
- Russell, Robert E. L.
- Created / Published
- Baltimore : [s.n.], 1943.
- Subject Headings
- - Bull Run, 2nd Battle of, Va., 1862--Maps
- - Manassas Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Manassas Region
- - Bull Run, 2nd Battle of, Va
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Synopsis of Second Manassas Campaign" precedes Map 1.
- - Annotated in pen-and-ink and watercolor to show infantry and cavalry positions with blank leaves at end.
- - Includes notes.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 575
- - LeGear. Atlases of the United States, 10667
- - Call no. cited in LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.): G1292.B8S5 .R8 1943 folio.$5 DLC
- - Listed in C. E. Le Gear's A List of Geographical Atlases in the Library of Congress (Washington, Library of Congress, 1973), v. 7, no. 10666.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 atlas ( leaves) : 30 hand col. maps, photocopy ; 47 x 59 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G1294.M25S5 R8 1943
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Russell, Robert E. L. Second Manassas Campaign, August 17 - September 1. [Baltimore: S.N, 1862] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2007627339/.
APA citation style:
Russell, R. E. L. (1862) Second Manassas Campaign, August 17 - September 1. [Baltimore: S.N] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007627339/.
MLA citation style:
Russell, Robert E. L. Second Manassas Campaign, August 17 - September 1. [Baltimore: S.N, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2007627339/>.
More Maps like this
MapSecond Manassas Campaign : a series of 21 pen and ink maps showing details of battles ... Annotated in pen-and-ink and watercolor to show infantry and cavalry positions with blank leaves at end. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 574 LeGear. Atlases of the United States, 10666 Call no....
- Contributor: Russell, Robert E. L.
- Date: 1943
MapSketch of 2nd Manassas, August 29th 1862 ; sketch of 2nd Manassas, Aug. 30th, 1862. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 576 Shows roads, railroads, and troop positions. Copy 1 mounted on cloth. Copy 2 maps separated and mounted on cloth. Both copies extensively annotated in ink....
- Date: 1862
MapThe field of Bull Run : showing the positions of the armies at 4:30 p.m. on ... "Reproduction-not in fac-simile. from Map No. 2 in the Report of the Board of Officers on the case of General Fitz John Porter." Annotated in red and blue to show Union and...
- Contributor: Ropes, John Codman - Geo. W. Stadly & Co.
- Date: 1898
MapSecond battle field at Bull Run Shows the Union forces under Gen. John Pope and the Confederates under Gen. Robert E. Lee on the 29th, 30th, and 31st of August 1862 in an area of Virginia defined by...
- Contributor: Sneden, Robert Knox
- Date: 1862-08-29
MapSeat of war, Manassas and its vicinity Scale ca. 1:322,000. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 568 Confederate imprint. Shows "battle ground, July 18th," "battle ground July 21st," roads, railroads, towns, and drainage. "Blue Ridge," "Thorough Fare Mountains," and...
- Date: 1861