Map Eastern China 1:50,000
About this Item
- Eastern China 1:50,000
- Great Britain. War Office.
- Great Britain. Ordnance Survey.
- United States. Army Map Service.
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C : U.S. Army Service, 1945.
- - China (Beijing, China)--Maps
- - China
- Topographic maps
- - "For use by War and Navy Department Agencies only"--On top of map.
- - Relief shown by contours and spot heights.
- - "3rd GSGS edition (AMS 1), 1942; AMS revision (AMS 2), 1932-1945.
- - Sheets individually titled at top margin, e.g. Tungchow.
- - Sheets individually numbered at bottom right margin, e.g. Tungchow N3950-EE11631/11x21.
- - "British grid deleted and World Polvconic Grid added by AMS, 1944."
- - "Grid No. 1"--On top right of some sheets.
- - "Geographical Section, General Staff No. 3789"--On bottom left.
- - "Army Map Service, U.S. Army, Washington, D.C. 138816, 1945"--On bottom right of some sheets.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes index sheet and index to adjoining sheets.
- 17 maps : col. ; 71 x 60 cm. or smaller.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G7820 s50 .G7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Great Britain. War Office, Great Britain. Ordnance Survey, and United States Army Map Service. Eastern China 1:50,000. Washington, D.C: U.S. Army Service, 1927. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2007628939/.
APA citation style:
Great Britain. War Office, Great Britain. Ordnance Survey & United States Army Map Service. (1927) Eastern China 1:50,000. Washington, D.C: U.S. Army Service. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007628939/.
MLA citation style:
Great Britain. War Office, Great Britain. Ordnance Survey, and United States Army Map Service. Eastern China 1:50,000. Washington, D.C: U.S. Army Service, 1927. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2007628939/>.