Map Map of the siege of Vicksburg, Miss.
About this Item
- Map of the siege of Vicksburg, Miss.
- Spangenberg, Charles.
Created / Published
- [Vicksburg, Miss., Head Qrs. of the Dept. of the Tenn., 1863]
- - Vicksburg (Miss.)--History--Siege, 1863--Maps
- - United States--Mississippi--Vicksburg
- Salted paper prints--1861-1865
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Civil War salted paper maps.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), S120, 285
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Dedicated in ms: To Thomas E. Sherman to keep forever, from his father, W.T. Sherman, Maj. Genl. Jan 20, 1864.
- - Union and Confederate entrenchments are handcolored blue and red respectively.
- - Detailed map showing roads, streets, railroads, hachures, vegetation, houses, and drainage.
- - Contains five topographic profiles, six cross sections of artillery batteries, and one cross section of a "rebel rifle pit."
- - LC copy inscribed at bottom: Cha Sangenberg, , Asst Engr.
- 1 map : photocopy ; 74 x 70 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3984.V8S5 1863 .S59
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Spangenberg, Charles. Map of the siege of Vicksburg, Miss. [Vicksburg, Miss., Head Qrs. of the Dept. of the Tenn, 1863] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2007629504/.
APA citation style:
Spangenberg, C. (1863) Map of the siege of Vicksburg, Miss. [Vicksburg, Miss., Head Qrs. of the Dept. of the Tenn] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007629504/.
MLA citation style:
Spangenberg, Charles. Map of the siege of Vicksburg, Miss. [Vicksburg, Miss., Head Qrs. of the Dept. of the Tenn, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2007629504/>.