Map Puget Sound, Washington Territory
About this Item
- Puget Sound, Washington Territory
- U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey.
- Lindenkohl, A.
Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.] : U.S. & G.S., 1889.
- - Puget Sound (Wash.)--Maps
- - Nautical charts--Puget Sound--Washington (State)
- - Lighthouses--Puget Sound--Washington (State)--Maps
- - United States--Washington (State)--Puget Sound
- - Relief shown by spot heights.
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - Shows lighthouses.
- - "Issued in June 1878, C.P. Patterson, Superintendent."
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd. ed.), S203
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - In top left margin: No. 662 price 40 cents
- - In top center: Plate no. 1144
- - In top right margin: Electrotype copy no. 1 by G. Mathiot U.S.C.S.
- - In lower right margin: 662.
- - LC copy stamped in purple ink in lower margin: Printed in Oct. 11, 1989; Corrected to Nov. 4, 1889.
- - LC copy laminated, and mounted on cloth.
- - LC copy imperfect: Mended tear in lower left hand corner.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 72 x 44 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4282.P8 1889 .U2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey, and A Lindenkohl. Puget Sound, Washington Territory. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. & G.S, 1889] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2007630092/.
APA citation style:
U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey & Lindenkohl, A. (1889) Puget Sound, Washington Territory. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. & G.S] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007630092/.
MLA citation style:
U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey, and A Lindenkohl. Puget Sound, Washington Territory. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. & G.S, 1889] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2007630092/>.