Map Map of the gold region of California, taken from a recent survey
About this Item
- Map of the gold region of California, taken from a recent survey
- Ellis, Robert H., active 19th century.
Created / Published
- New York : Georg F. Nesbitt, lith., 1850.
- - California--Gold discoveries--Maps
- - Gold mines and mining--California--Maps
- - United States--California
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Gift; Philip Lee Phillips Society; November, 2007.
- - LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vendor: Michael D. Heaston
- - Acquisitions control no. 2007-198
- 1 map ; 42 x 37 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4361.H2 1850 .E4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ellis, Robert H., Active 19Th Century. Map of the gold region of California, taken from a recent survey. New York: Georg F. Nesbitt, lith, 1850. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2007633517/.
APA citation style:
Ellis, R. H. (1850) Map of the gold region of California, taken from a recent survey. New York: Georg F. Nesbitt, lith. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007633517/.
MLA citation style:
Ellis, Robert H., Active 19Th Century. Map of the gold region of California, taken from a recent survey. New York: Georg F. Nesbitt, lith, 1850. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2007633517/>.