Photo, Print, Drawing The Cleveland baseball club, American League, season 1920
About this Item
- The Cleveland baseball club, American League, season 1920
- F.A. Flowers Co., copyright claimant
- National Press Photographic Service, photographer
Created / Published
- - Baseball players
- - Cleveland Indians (Baseball team)--People
- - United States
- Gelatin silver prints.
- Group portraits.
- Panoramic photographs.
- Portrait photographs.
- Group portraits
- Portrait photographs
- Panoramic photographs
- Gelatin silver prints
- - J243167 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright deposit; F.A. Flowers Co.; April 21. 1920.
- - Copyright claimant's address: 1841 Euclid Ave., Cleve., O.
- - Names and positions of sitters labeled on image.
- 1 photographic print : gelatin silver ; 8.5 x 31.5 in.
Call Number/Physical Location
- PAN SUBJECT - Sports no. 105 (E size) [P&P]
- Panoramic photographs (Library of Congress)
- Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA
- pan 6a29272 //hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pan.6a29272
- cph 3c23950 //hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c23950
Library of Congress Control Number
- LC-USZCN6-6 (color film copy neg.) LC-USZ62-123950 (b&w film copy neg.)
- No known restrictions on publication. No renewal found in Copyright Office.
Additional Metadata Formats
- By Popular Demand: Jackie Robinson and Other Baseball Highlights, 1860s-1960s (77)
- Taking the Long View: Panoramic Photographs, 1851 to 1991 (4,296)
- Panoramic Photographs (4,318)
- American Memory (515,213)
- Prints & Photographs Online Catalog (Library of Congress) (1,043,446)
- Prints and Photographs Division (1,048,642)
- Library of Congress Online Catalog (1,475,702)
Rights & Access
Copyright and Other Restrictions
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is unaware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions on the materials reproduced in the By Popular Demand: Jackie Robinson and Other Baseball Highlights 1860s-1960s (except where indicated in the information that accompanies certain items), there may be content protected by copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally there may be restrictions placed by donors on the use of materials.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known by the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses. Users should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library. Some of the restrictions for items in this online collection are described below.
Some of the materials included in the By Popular Demand: Jackie Robinson and Other Baseball Highlights, 1860s-1960s, were given to the Library of Congress subject to certain conditions. The Library obtained permission to use any materials included in this presentation that are subject to such conditions. Contact the appropriate custodial division of the Library of Congress for more information about such possible restrictions.
Credit line: Library of Congress, [Name of the appropriate custodial division within the Library], Reproduction number (e.g., LC-USZC4-6142)
Contact the Prints & Photographs Division for further information about materials from these collections.
- Look Magazine Photograph Collection. Reproduction of material is "not for trade or advertising purposes."
- Visual Materials from the NAACP Records.
Contact the Manuscript Division for further information about materials from these collections.
- Arthur Mann Papers, Literary rights are reserved to the heirs of Mrs. Marion Mann until January 2017.
- Branch Rickey Papers, Literary rights reserved to heirs of Branch Rickey.
- Lawrence E. Spivak Papers.
- Rights Advisory: No known restrictions on publication. No renewal found in Copyright Office.
- Reproduction Number: LC-USZCN6-6 (color film copy neg.) LC-USZ62-123950 (b&w film copy neg.)
- Call Number: PAN SUBJECT - Sports no. 105 (E size) [P&P]
- Access Advisory: ---
If an image is displaying, you can download it yourself. (Some images display only as thumbnails outside the Library of Congress because of rights considerations, but you have access to larger size images on site.)
Alternatively, you can purchase copies of various types through Library of Congress Duplication Services.
- If a digital image is displaying: The qualities of the digital image partially depend on whether it was made from the original or an intermediate such as a copy negative or transparency. If the Reproduction Number field above includes a reproduction number that starts with LC-DIG..., then there is a digital image that was made directly from the original and is of sufficient resolution for most publication purposes.
If there is information listed in the Reproduction Number field above:
You can use the reproduction number to purchase a copy from Duplication Services. It will be
made from the source listed in the parentheses after the number.
If only black-and-white ("b&w") sources are listed and you desire a copy showing color or tint (assuming the original has any), you can generally purchase a quality copy of the original in color by citing the Call Number listed above and including the catalog record ("About This Item") with your request.
- If there is no information listed in the Reproduction Number field above: You can generally purchase a quality copy through Duplication Services. Cite the Call Number listed above and include the catalog record ("About This Item") with your request.
Price lists, contact information, and order forms are available on the Duplication Services Web site.
Access to Originals
Please use the following steps to determine whether you need to fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room to view the original item(s). In some cases, a surrogate (substitute image) is available, often in the form of a digital image, a copy print, or microfilm.
Is the item digitized? (A thumbnail (small) image will be visible on the left.)
Yes, the item is digitized.
Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be
viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some
cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of
Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights
As a preservation measure, we generally do not serve an original item when a digital image is available. If you have a compelling reason to see the original, consult with a reference librarian. (Sometimes, the original is simply too fragile to serve. For example, glass and film photographic negatives are particularly subject to damage. They are also easier to see online where they are presented as positive images.)
- No, the item is not digitized. Please go to #2.
- Yes, the item is digitized. Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights restrictions.
Do the Access Advisory or Call Number fields above indicate that a non-digital surrogate exists, such as microfilm or copy prints?
- Yes, another surrogate exists. Reference staff can direct you to this surrogate.
- No, another surrogate does not exist. Please go to #3.
- If you do not see a thumbnail image or a reference to another surrogate, please fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room. In many cases, the originals can be served in a few minutes. Other materials require appointments for later the same day or in the future. Reference staff can advise you in both how to fill out a call slip and when the item can be served.
To contact Reference staff in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room, please use our Ask A Librarian service or call the reading room between 8:30 and 5:00 at 202-707-6394, and Press 3.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
F.A. Flowers Co., Copyright Claimant, National Press Photographic Service, photographer. The Cleveland baseball club, American League, season. United States, 1920. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/2007663719/.
APA citation style:
F.A. Flowers Co, C. C., National Press Photographic Service, photographer. (1920) The Cleveland baseball club, American League, season. United States, 1920. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007663719/.
MLA citation style:
F.A. Flowers Co., Copyright Claimant, photographer by National Press Photographic Service. The Cleveland baseball club, American League, season. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2007663719/>.