Book/Printed Material Inauguration Ball, March 4th 1881 : [programme].
About this Item
- Inauguration Ball, March 4th 1881 : [programme].
- Inaugural Committee (U.S. : 1881)
- John Davis Batchelder Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C. : Inaugural Committee, 1881]
- - Garfield, James A.--(James Abram),--1831-1881--Inaugurations
- - Arthur, Chester Alan,--1829-1886
- - Program for the March 4, 1881 inauguration of U.S. president James A. Garfield. Includes listing of inaugural ball committees: Executive Committee, Hall and Promenade Reception Committee, Reception Committee, Committee on Tickets, Committee on Decoration, Committee on Comfort, Committee on Carriages, Committee on Refreshments, Committee on Music, Committee on Programme, Floor Committee; followed by programme (including dance list).
- - Cover title.
- - "Programme executed by The Kendall Bank Note Company, 100 Church St., New York"--Colophon.
- - Includes portraits of James A. Garfield and Chester A. Arthur on cover.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Website.
-  p. : ill., ports. ; 16 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- Batchelder Portfolio 1, no. 4
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Inaugural Committee, and John Davis Batchelder Collection. Inauguration Ball, March 4th: programme. [Washington, D.C.: Inaugural Committee, 1881] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2007700170/.
APA citation style:
Inaugural Committee & John Davis Batchelder Collection. (1881) Inauguration Ball, March 4th: programme. [Washington, D.C.: Inaugural Committee] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007700170/.
MLA citation style:
Inaugural Committee, and John Davis Batchelder Collection. Inauguration Ball, March 4th: programme. [Washington, D.C.: Inaugural Committee, 1881] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2007700170/>.