About this Item
- Correspondence. Selections
- Contributor Names
- Joachim, Joseph -- 1831-1907 (creator)
- Library of Congress -- Gertrude Clarke Whittall Foundation.
- Created / Published
- 1872, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - e-au---
- - Joachim, Joseph -- 1831-1907 -- Correspondence
- - In the Gertrude Clarke Whittall Foundation Collection of the Library of Congress.
- - Violinist.
- Performing Arts Reading Room (Madison, LM113) Library of Congress Music Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA
- Library of Congress Control Number
- LC Classification
- ML30.8d .J6
- Online Format
- Correspondence. manuscript | 5 | In the Gertrude Clarke Whittall Foundation Collection of the Library of Congress. Violinist. Manuscript (Form). Print (Form).
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Music Treasures Consortium is an alliance of many libraries. The Library of Congress is hosting the consortium Web site which gives bibliographic information on each item; access to the digital items is provided through links to the holding library's own Web site. The items on this site are made freely available for scholarly use. Other uses may require permission or credit to the holding repository. Please contact the holding repository for more information.
Rights information for Library of Congress Holdings in the Music Treasures Consortium:
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Joachim, Joseph, and Library Of Congress. Correspondence. Selections. , Monographic, 1872. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2008561146/.
APA citation style:
Joachim, J. & Library Of Congress. (1872) Correspondence. Selections. , Monographic. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008561146/.
MLA citation style:
Joachim, Joseph, and Library Of Congress. Correspondence. Selections. , Monographic, 1872. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2008561146/>.
More Collections like this
CollectionAutograph collection, 1819-1843 Collection of 100 album leaves, inscribed to W.A. Mozart, Sohn and dated between 1819 and 1842. Included are lines of music, canon, songs, drawings, and watercolor sketches. The leaves originate in Basel,...
- Contributor: Kisting, Heinrich - Jenger, Johann Baptist - Grund, Fr. W. (Friedrich Wilhelm) - Stolpe, Antoine - Baroni-Cavalcabó, Julie - Stolpe, Aloys - Szymanowska, Maria Agata Wołowska - Holz, Karl - Aiblinger, Johann Kaspar - Spaun, Josef (Freiherr Von) - Mozart, Franz Xaver - Vieuxtemps, Henri
- Date: 1819
CollectionNewland / Zeuner collection The finding aid provides a description of the Newland/Zeuner collection which consists primarily music (printed and ms.) for piano, 2 or 4 hands, and songs, with a concentration in sacred vocal works...
- Contributor: Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus - Shaw, Oliver - Root, George F. (George Frederick) - Newland, William Augustine - Zeuner, Charles - Library of Congress - Rossini, Gioacchino
- Date: 2005
CollectionAaron Copland collection, 1841-1991
Copland collection, | Copland collection The Aaron Copland Collection consists of published and unpublished music by Copland and other composers, correspondence, writings, biographical material, datebooks, journals, professional papers including legal and financial material, photographs, awards, art work,...
- Contributor: Music Division, Library of Congress - Kraft, Victor - Copland, Aaron
- Date: 1841
CollectionIrving Fine collection, 1930-1993 Irving Fine was an American conductor, teacher, and composer whose works assimilated neoclassical, romantic, and serial elements. The bulk of the materials in the collection are musical scores and sketches which represent...
- Contributor: Music Division, Library of Congress - Fine, Irving
- Date: 1930
CollectionSerge Koussevitzky archive, 1880-1978
Koussevitzky archive Serge Koussevitzky was a Russian-born conductor, composer, and double bassist. The archive includes correspondence, personal and business papers, photographs, writings, clippings, scrapbooks, programs, and other materials which serve as a record of...
- Contributor: Koussevitzky, Olga - Music Division, Library of Congress - Koussevitzky, Serge - Naumov, Aleksandr Nikolaevich - Serge Koussevitzky Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1880