Map Map of the state of New York
About this Item
- Map of the state of New York
- Contributor Names
- Andrus & Judd.
- Maverick, Samuel, 1789-1845.
- Created / Published
- Hartford, Con[n]. : Published by Andrus & Judd, 1833.
- Subject Headings
- - New York (State)--Maps
- - Canals--New York (State)--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)
- - Pocket map.
- - Hand col. to distinguish counties.
- - "Copy right."
- - LC copy imperfect: Missing small sections of left margin, annotated in pencil, missing cover [?].
- - Includes elevation profiles of the "Grand Canal" and the Champlain Canal, canal statistical data, distance list titled "The travellers guide", and ill. of canal locks.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Acquisitions control no.: 2008-142
- 1 map : hand col. ; 31 x 39 cm., folded to 11 x 7 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3800 1833 .A5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Andrus & Judd, and Samuel Maverick. Map of the state of New York. [Hartford, Conn.: Published by Andrus & Judd, 1833] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2008620307/.
APA citation style:
Andrus & Judd & Maverick, S. (1833) Map of the state of New York. [Hartford, Conn.: Published by Andrus & Judd] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008620307/.
MLA citation style:
Andrus & Judd, and Samuel Maverick. Map of the state of New York. [Hartford, Conn.: Published by Andrus & Judd, 1833] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2008620307/>.
More Maps like this
MapThe Traveller's pocket map of New York : from the best authorities Hand col. Includes text "Canal guide, for the tourist and traveller," statistical tables, and profiles of the Erie and Champlain Canals. LC copy signed in pencil: George Augustus Quant, Capt. H. Foster....
- Contributor: Williams, William - Stiles, S.
- Date: 1826
MapMap of the rail-roads of the State of New York Scale ca. 1:960,000. Also shows canals. Includes table of "Length of rail roads in operation." Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. AACR2: 650/1; 650/2
- Contributor: Sweet, S. H. (Sylvanus Howe) - Weed, Parsons & Co.
- Date: 1863
MapMap of the rail-roads of the state of New York Covers New York State and parts of adjacent states/provinces. Also shows canals. Relief shown by hachures. LC Railroad maps, 265 Hand colored in red to emphasize railroads in service/abuilding/proposed and in blue...
- Contributor: Richmond, Van Rensselaer - New York (State). State Engineer and Surveyor - Perkins, George R. (George Roberts)
- Date: 1861
MapEuropean U.S.S.R. and the Caucasus. 5-60. Scale 1:6,500,000. "Base 28501." Shows railroads and canals. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. AACR2
- Contributor: United States. Central Intelligence Agency
- Date: 1960
MapA new map of Nth. Carolina : with its canals, roads & distances from place to ...
New map of North Carolina : | N. Carolina Relief shown by contours. Prime meridian: Washington. Cover title "N. Carolina" with "Population of North Carolina by Counties, in 1850" pasted on verso of front cover. "Entered according to Act of Congress...
- Contributor: Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co.
- Date: 1853