Map Georgetown 1937.
About this Item
- Georgetown 1937.
- Contributor Names
- Federal Writers' Project.
- United States. Government Printing Office.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C. : U.S. Government Printing Office, 1937].
- Subject Headings
- - Georgetown (Washington, D.C.)--Maps
- - Historic sites--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington--Georgetown
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- Tourist maps
- - Folded tourist map showing partial street system.
- - Removed from textual publication: Washington, city and capital / Federal Writers' Project, Works Progress Administration, 1937.
- - Includes index to points of interest.
- - "106318--37 (Face p. 719)."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - DCP
- 1 map ; 17 x 20 cm., folded to 21 x 12 cm. + 2 photocopied book p. (t.p., p. xiii : table of contents ; 28 cm.)
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3852.G43E635 1937 .F4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Federal Writers' Project, and United States Government Printing Office. Georgetown. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1937] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2008620678/.
APA citation style:
Federal Writers' Project & United States Government Printing Office. (1937) Georgetown. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008620678/.
MLA citation style:
Federal Writers' Project, and United States Government Printing Office. Georgetown. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1937] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2008620678/>.
More Maps like this
MapPlan von Washington. Shows wards, built-up areas, and major buildings. Also covers Georgetown. Title, scale heading, and note in German. Place-names in English. In left upper margin: Meyer's Handatlas. In lower margin: Aus der Geographischen...
- Date: 1845
MapJohnson's Georgetown and the city of Washington, the capital of the United States of America. Scale ca. 1:25,500. Hand colored. Relief shown by hachures. From unidentified atlas. Border design may differ from another copy. "37." Part of gazetteer on verso. LC copy 1 brittle, town, and taped....
- Contributor: Johnson and Ward
- Date: 1862
MapCity of Washington. Shows wards, built-up areas, and major buildings. Also covers Georgetown. Plate 16 from atlas by S.A. Mitchell: New universal atlas ... of the world. Philadelphia : Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co., 1854. G1019.M64...
- Contributor: Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co. - Mitchell, S. Augustus (Samuel Augustus)
- Date: 1854
MapGeorgetown and the city of Washington : the capital of the United States of America. Shows block numbers, major buildings, wards, horse-car lines, and extent of built-up area. Relief shown by hachures. "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1855 by J.H. Colton & Co....
- Contributor: J.H. Colton & Co. - G.W. & C. Colton & Co.
- Date: 1871
MapJohnson's Washington and Georgetown. Shows block numbers, wards, major buildings, and streetcar lines. "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1868, by A.J. Johnson ... New York." Part of index of places (not of...
- Contributor: Johnson, A. J. - Johnson, A. J. (Alvin Jewett)
- Date: 1870