Map Map of Cazenovia, Madison Co., N.Y.
About this Item
- Map of Cazenovia, Madison Co., N.Y.
- Hart, Henry (Civil engineer)
- Miller & Co.
Created / Published
- N.Y. [i.e. New York] : Henry Hart, 1852
- - Real property--New York (State)--Cazenovia--Maps
- - Real property--New York (State)--Cazenovia--Surveys
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Cazenovia--Maps
- - Buildings--New York (State)--Cazenovia--Maps
- - Roads--New York (State)--Cazenovia Region--Maps
- - Cazenovia (N.Y.)--Buildings, structures, etc.--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Cazenovia
- - Cadastral survey wall map showing buildings, lot lines, and landowners' names.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Originally issued as a wall map; wooden rods removed from top and bottom edges of sheet.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes inset "Sketch of creek & plank road from the corporation boundary to Chittenango Falls", ill. of "Cazenovia Seminary", and embellished title cartouche with 2 female allegorical figures.
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, cracked, shellacked, rubber-stamped "Cazenovia" on backing.
- - Acquisitions control no.: 2002-032
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 78 x 100 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3804.C36G46 1852 .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hart, Henry, and Miller & Co. Map of Cazenovia, Madison Co., N.Y. [N.Y. i.e. New York: Henry Hart, 1852] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2008620836/.
APA citation style:
Hart, H. & Miller & Co. (1852) Map of Cazenovia, Madison Co., N.Y. [N.Y. i.e. New York: Henry Hart] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008620836/.
MLA citation style:
Hart, Henry, and Miller & Co. Map of Cazenovia, Madison Co., N.Y. [N.Y. i.e. New York: Henry Hart, 1852] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2008620836/>.