Maps Map of Schoharie Co., New York
About this Item
- Map of Schoharie Co., New York
- Contributor Names
- Wenig, E.
- Lorey, Wm. (William).
- Smith, Robert Pearsall, 1827-1898.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Published by R.P. Smith, 1856.
- Subject Headings
- - Schoharie County (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Schoharie County (N.Y.)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - Buildings--New York (State)--Schoharie County--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Schoharie County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--New York (State)--Schoharie County--Maps
- - Villages--New York (State)--Schoharie County--Maps
- - Schoharie (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Cobleskill (N.Y.)--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Schoharie County
- - United States--New York (State)--Schoharie
- - United States--New York (State)--Cobleskill
- - General county wall map showing townships (hand col.), roads, buildings, and householders' names.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - In lower margin: Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1856 by Robert P. Smith in the Clerk's Office of the district court of the eastern district of Pennsylvania.
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, cracked, shellacked, cloth backing hemmed at left/right sheet edges, wooden rods removed from top/bottom edges of sheet.
- - Includes 17 village insets (including Schoharie C.H. and Cobleskill), statistical tables, and ill. of prominent buildings.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Acquisitions control no.: 1999-009
- - Copies 2 and 3 are filed in map drawer.
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 130 x 90 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3803.S5 1856 .W4
- G3803.S5 1856 .W4 Copy 2 is mounted on cloth backing, single sheet, folded (not rolled, not oversize), hand colored.
- G3803.S5 1856 .W4 Copy 3 is on 4 sheets (encsapsulated, not rolled, not oversize), hand colored.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsLorey, Wm. (william)
Smith, Robert Pearsall
SubjectsAdministrative and Political Divisions
Cities and Towns
New York (state)
Schoharie County (n.y.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Wenig, E, Wm Lorey, and Robert Pearsall Smith. Map of Schoharie Co., New York. Philadelphia: Published by R.P. Smith, 1856. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008620859/. (Accessed October 23, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Wenig, E., Lorey, W. & Smith, R. P. (1856) Map of Schoharie Co., New York. Philadelphia: Published by R.P. Smith. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008620859/.
MLA citation style:
Wenig, E, Wm Lorey, and Robert Pearsall Smith. Map of Schoharie Co., New York. Philadelphia: Published by R.P. Smith, 1856. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2008620859/>.