Maps [Northern Mississippi and Alabama
About this Item
- [Northern Mississippi and Alabama
- Contributor Names
- Lindenkohl, A.
- United States Coast Survey.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.] : U.S. Coast Survey, A. D. Bache, Supdt., 1865.
- Subject Headings
- - Mississippi--Maps
- - Alabama--Maps
- - United States--Mississippi
- - United States--Alabama
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Differs from G3980 1865 .L5 CW 259.5 : lacks names of cartographer and litographer.
- - On verso in ink: Portions Alabama, Mississippi, etc., U.S. Coast Survey. 1865. 1in = 10ms., No. 4. 1865 sett [sic] 6 sheets.
- - Stamped on verso: Gilbert Thompson.
- - Sheet 4 of a 6-sheet series of maps used by Gilbert Thompson during the Civil War. In addition to this sheet the Geography and Map Division has sheet 1 (see entry no. 508.5), sheet 3 (see entry no. 305a.6), sheet 5 (see entry no. 129.3) and sheet 6 (see entry no. 129.55).
- - Title supplied from bibliography.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 259.6
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 57 x 88 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3980 1865 .L52
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lindenkohl, A, and United States Coast Survey. [Northern Mississippi and Alabama]. [S.l.: U.S. Coast Survey, A. D. Bache, Supdt, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008621636/. (Accessed August 31, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Lindenkohl, A. & United States Coast Survey. (1865) [Northern Mississippi and Alabama]. [S.l.: U.S. Coast Survey, A. D. Bache, Supdt] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008621636/.
MLA citation style:
Lindenkohl, A, and United States Coast Survey. [Northern Mississippi and Alabama]. [S.l.: U.S. Coast Survey, A. D. Bache, Supdt, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2008621636/>.