Map Louisville and its defences
About this Item
- Louisville and its defences
- Phillips, Rob. G.
Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n.], 1865.
- - Louisville (Ky.)--Maps
- - United States--Kentucky--Louisville
- Salted paper prints--1861-1865
- - Sun print.
- - Bar scales, sources, and references are faded or slightly blurred.
- - Oriented with south at the top, the map indicates fortifications, government buildings, houses, roads, churches, fences, and the names of residents in the environs of the city.
- - Signed (facsim.): Official J.H. Simpson, Lt. Col. Engrs. U.S. Army.
- - Stamped in red beside the map title and in the lower right corner: General Staff map collection, file copy.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Civil War salted paper maps. AL-44.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 223.2
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : photocopy ; 77 x 113 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3954.L7 1865 .P4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Phillips, Rob. G. Louisville and Its Defences. [S.l.: s.n, 1865] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2008621650/.
APA citation style:
Phillips, R. G. (1865) Louisville and Its Defences. [S.l.: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008621650/.
MLA citation style:
Phillips, Rob. G. Louisville and Its Defences. [S.l.: s.n, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2008621650/>.