Map Map of the seat of war
About this Item
- Map of the seat of war
- Evans & Cogswell.
Created / Published
- Charleston, SC : Evans & Cogswell, [1861?]
- - Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Maryland--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Delaware--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - New Jersey--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - North Carolina--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Pennsylvania--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Fortification--Virginia
- - Fortification--Maryland
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--Maryland
- - United States--Delaware
- - United States--New Jersey
- - United States--North Carolina
- - United States--Pennsylvania
- - Covers Virginia and Maryland and portions of Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and North Carolina.
- - Shows some fortifications.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Sewn on to and mounted on cloth backing.
- - "Entered by Evans & Cogswell according of the act of Congress of the Confederate States in the Clerks Office of the Distr. Court of the District of South Carolina."
- - Confederate imprint.
- - Includes inset.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Imperfect: Liquid stains in right margin and upper right corner. Holes along top and bottom margins from previously on rollers. Discoloration throughout.
- - CW3
- - Acquisitions control no. 99-93
- 1 map : hand col. ; 42 x 57 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3881.S5 1861 .E9
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Evans & Cogswell. Map of the Seat of War. [Charleston, SC: Evans & Cogswell, ?, 1861] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2008621714/.
APA citation style:
Evans & Cogswell. (1861) Map of the Seat of War. [Charleston, SC: Evans & Cogswell, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008621714/.
MLA citation style:
Evans & Cogswell. Map of the Seat of War. [Charleston, SC: Evans & Cogswell, ?, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2008621714/>.