Map A collection of plans of fortifications and battles, 1684-1709 : [Europe]
About this Item
- A collection of plans of fortifications and battles, 1684-1709 : [Europe]
- Contributor Names
- Beeck, Anna, 1678-
- Baillieu, Gaspar de.
- Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n., 1709]
- Subject Headings
- - Europe--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Europe--Historical geography--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Europe--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Fortification--Early works to 1800
- - Spanish Succession, War of, 1701-1714--Maps
- - Ramillies, Battle of, Belgium, 1706--Maps
- - Atlases--Early works to 1800
- - Europe
- Composite atlases
- - Relief shown by hachures and pictorially.
- - Title from cover of composite atlas.
- - Dates on maps range from 1684 to 1709.
- - Beeck was the publisher of battle plans at The Hague from 1702 to 1709.
- - Phillips, 5152
- - An atlas factice of 117 hand col. maps on 115 sheets.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Register in French. Maps in French, Dutch, Latin, and English.
- - Phillips register lists and describes 116 maps.
- - Includes a typed register and a manuscript register.
- - Copy imperfect: Lacking physical map no. 17.
- - Bound in grey cloth covered boards with encapsulated post bindings for map sheets.
- 1 atlas (3 v. (various pagings)) : hand col. ill., 117 hand col. maps ; 56 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G1793 .B4 1709
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Beeck, Anna, and Gaspar De Baillieu. A collection of plans of fortifications and battles, -1709: Europe. [S.l.: s.n, 1709] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2008621715/.
APA citation style:
Beeck, A. & Baillieu, G. D. (1709) A collection of plans of fortifications and battles, -1709: Europe. [S.l.: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008621715/.
MLA citation style:
Beeck, Anna, and Gaspar De Baillieu. A collection of plans of fortifications and battles, -1709: Europe. [S.l.: s.n, 1709] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2008621715/>.
More Maps like this
MapAtlas portatif, ou, le nouveau theatre de la guerre en Europe : contenant les cartes geographiques, ...
Nouveau theatre de la guerre en Europe | Atlas portatif Date on title page of 1706, date on leaves  and  of 1708. Phillips 2820 Vellum covered boards and vellum spine attached to modern pink cloth spine. Available also through the...
- Contributor: La Feuille, Daniel De.
- Date: 1708
Map[Geografia tavole moderne di geografia]. Relief shown pictorially. Some maps entirely in Italian, some maps entirely in Latin. Title derived by cataloger from title page of bound Lafréry atlas. Seventeen loose sheets that appear in atlases sold...
- Contributor: Forlani, Paolo - Gastaldi, Giacomo - Lafréry, Antoine
- Date: 1575
MapAtlas to accompany A system of universal history : containing I. a chronological picture of nations, ... Relief shown by hachures. Title from cover. Maps show only the known parts of the world for each period. Plates otherwise graphically obscure the rest of the world with opaque clouds. Bound...
- Contributor: F.J. Huntington and Co. - Willard, Emma
- Date: 1839
MapCartes et plans de l'Amerique.
Cartes geograp Ameriqu Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings. Dates on maps vary from 1717 to 1744. Title and date annotated in ink within etched title cartouche. Plates numbered in ink with a title...
- Contributor: Bellin, Jacques Nicolas
- Date: 1745
MapToonneel der steden van de Vereenighde Nederlanden, met hare beschrijvingen Dutch. Some maps in Latin. Phillips, 3076 Koeman's Atlantes Neerlandici, 43:121.1 Date from Koeman's Atlantes Neerlandici from the list of burgomasters elected in 1652 in the text about Delft. Available also through...
- Contributor: Blaeu, Joan
- Date: 1652