Map Night lights : [satellite view of the world] City night lights
About this Item
- Night lights : [satellite view of the world]
- City night lights
- Goddard Space Flight Center.
- Imhoff, M. L. (Marc Lee)
- Bowie State University.
Created / Published
- [Greenbelt, Md.? : NASA, Goddard Space Flight Center, 2004?]
- - Earth Science Enterprise Program (U.S.)
- - Earth (Planet)--Remote-sensing images
- - Earth
- - "The National Ocean and Atmospheric Administration's National Geophysical Data Center and the Defense Meteorological Satellite Program's Operational Linescan System provided data to NASA Goddard Space Flight Center and Bowie State University in order to render this image of global urban lights."--On verso.
- - Includes lesson plan outlines, ill., and 11 maps on verso.
- - "This investigation for grades 5-8 is reprinted from the NASA-funded Mission Geography curriculum."--On verso.
- - "EW-2004-02-146-HQ."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 remote-sensing image : col. ; 54 x 106 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3201.A43 2004 .G6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Goddard Space Flight Center, M. L Imhoff, and Bowie State University. Night Lights: Satellite View of the World. [Greenbelt, Md.?: NASA, Goddard Space Flight Center, ?, 2004] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2008622026/.
APA citation style:
Goddard Space Flight Center, Imhoff, M. L. & Bowie State University. (2004) Night Lights: Satellite View of the World. [Greenbelt, Md.?: NASA, Goddard Space Flight Center, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008622026/.
MLA citation style:
Goddard Space Flight Center, M. L Imhoff, and Bowie State University. Night Lights: Satellite View of the World. [Greenbelt, Md.?: NASA, Goddard Space Flight Center, ?, 2004] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2008622026/>.