Map New map of Texas : with the contiguous American & Mexican states
About this Item
- New map of Texas : with the contiguous American & Mexican states
- Young, J. H. (James Hamilton)
- Mitchell, S. Augustus (Samuel Augustus), 1792-1868.
- Mitchell & Hinman.
Created / Published
- Philadelphia : S. Augustus Mitchell, 1835.
- - Texas--19th century--Maps
- - Land grants--Texas--19th century--Maps
- - United States--Texas
- Maps--Texas--19th century
- - Shows colonies and land grants, Neuces River as border between Texas and Mexican states, Indian Territory attached to Arkansas, Santa Fe area, towns, rivers, and roads.
- - Title from title block.
- - "Engraved by J. H. Young."
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Additional longitudinal coordinates measured west from Washington (W 29°00'--W 11°15').
- - "Sold by Mitchell & Hinman."
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1835 by S. Augustus Mitchell in the clerk's office of the district court of the eastern district of Pennsylvania."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes text: "Rivers of Texas," "Land Grants," and "Remarks on Texas."
- - Has ornamental border.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 30 x 36 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4030 1835 .Y6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Mitchell & Hinman
- Mitchell, S. Augustus (Samuel Augustus)
- Young, J. H.
- Young, J. H. (James Hamilton)
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Young, J. H, S. Augustus Mitchell, and Mitchell & Hinman. New map of Texas: with the contiguous American & Mexican states. Philadelphia: S. Augustus Mitchell, 1835. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2008625106/.
APA citation style:
Young, J. H., Mitchell, S. A. & Mitchell & Hinman. (1835) New map of Texas: with the contiguous American & Mexican states. Philadelphia: S. Augustus Mitchell. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008625106/.
MLA citation style:
Young, J. H, S. Augustus Mitchell, and Mitchell & Hinman. New map of Texas: with the contiguous American & Mexican states. Philadelphia: S. Augustus Mitchell, 1835. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2008625106/>.