Map [Map of the Red River campaign, March 10-May 22. 1864].
About this Item
- [Map of the Red River campaign, March 10-May 22. 1864].
- Contributor Names
- Venable, Richard M. (Richard Morton), 1839-1910
- Subject Headings
- - Red River (Tex.-La.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Louisiana--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps, Manuscript
- - Mansfield, Battle of, La., 1864--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Texas--Red River
- - United States--Louisiana--Red River
- - United States--Louisiana
- - Mansfield, Battle of, La
- - Shows the Red River valley in Arkansas and Louisiana, indicates the location of Camp Worth near Logansport, Louisiana, and the battle sites of April 8 and 9, 1864, between Mansfield and Pleasant Hill, Louisiana.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 241.2
- - Endorsed in lower left corner: No. 210. Respectfully forwd. Richd. M. Venable Capt. & Chf. Topol. Bur. West La. Ark.
- - Title, date, and scale from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- - Pen-and-ink on tracing linen.
- - Printed version published in the Atlas to Accompany the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies, 1891-95, plate 53, no.1. The copy reproduced in the atlas originally accompanied "the report of Gen. E. Kirby Smith, C. S. Army, Series I, vol. XXXIV, part 1, page 481."
- - Imperfect: Holes in upper and lower right quadrants and stained throughout.
- - In lower left corner stamped in ink on verso: 6563.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 94 x 58 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3992.R4 1864 .V4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Venable, Richard M. Map of the Red River campaign, March 10-May 22. 1864. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2008626486/.
APA citation style:
Venable, R. M. (1864) Map of the Red River campaign, March 10-May 22. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008626486/.
MLA citation style:
Venable, Richard M. Map of the Red River campaign, March 10-May 22. 1864. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2008626486/>.
More Maps like this
MapFalls in Red River, surveyed by L. G. De Russy. Scale ca. 1:2,200. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 240.5 Pen and ink manuscript map drawn on tracing linen showing soundings and obstructions in Red River. A red line delineates the river...
- Contributor: De Russy, Lewis G.
- Date: 1864
MapSuite du cours du fleuve St. Louis depuis la rivière d'Iberville jusq'à celle des Yasous, et ... Scale ca. 1:830,000. Relief shown pictorially. Prime meridian: Paris. "Tome I, no. 46." From the author's Le petit atlas maritime. 1764. Includes "Remarques sur la Rivière Rouge" and inset "Carte de l'establissement...
- Contributor: Bellin, Jacques Nicolas
- Date: 1764
MapMap of the Red River in Louisiana from the Spanish camp where the exploring party of ... Also shows cities and towns, Indian settlements, and features in the region along the Red River. King's final work based on the Freeman-Curtis expedition of 1806. Oriented with north toward the upper...
- Contributor: Shallus, Francis - King, N. (Nicholas)
- Date: 1806
Map[Map of the region east and north of Baton Rouge, showing batteries on the Mississippi north ... Relief shown by hachures. Title supplied by cataloger. In pencil in lower right: E. Deleceauax. Pen-and-ink and watercolor with crayon and pencil notes on three sheets of tracing cloth pasted together. Available...
- Contributor: Clark, John S.
- Date: 1863
MapSketch of the two breakwaters above Alexandria in the Red River, Scale ca. 1:2000. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 241 "M. Section VIII.66." Detailed map showing upper and lower dams, falls, "Tennyson's channel," "De Russy's Channel," and some relief by hachures. Description...
- Contributor: Gerdes, F. H. - De Russy, Lewis G.
- Date: 1864