Maps [Northern Georgia and western and central South Carolina].
About this Item
- [Northern Georgia and western and central South Carolina].
- Contributor Names
- Lindenkohl, A.
- United States Coast Survey.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.] : U.S. Coast Survey, A. D. Bache, Supdt., 1865.
- Subject Headings
- - Georgia--Maps
- - South Carolina--Maps
- - United States--Georgia
- - United States--South Carolina
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - General map, without title, extending from Charleston west to the western boundary of Georgia. State names, boundaries.
- - "Drawn by A. Lindenkohl" and "H. Lindenkohl & Chas. G. Kebs, Lith." have been dropped from the bottom margin.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 129.3
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC Copy: sheet 5 of a 6-sheet series of maps used by Gilbert Thompson during the Civil War. In addition to this sheet, the Geography and Map Division has sheet 1 (see CW 508.5), sheet 3 (see CW 305a.6), sheet 4 (see CW 259.6), and sheet 6 (CW 129.55). $5 DLC
- - LC Copy stamped on verso: Gilbert Thompson.
- - LC Copy on verso in ink: No. 5. U.S. Coast Survey. 1865. (S. Car. Ga. 1" = 10 ms. 6 sheets).
- 1 map ; 58 x 86 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3920 1865 .L52
- G3920 1865 .L52 CW 129.3 copy 2 annotated with blue and red crayon, upper right margin in ink: M(232) Un 3c copy 1, imperfect: stained with tears and holes.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lindenkohl, A, and United States Coast Survey. [Northern Georgia and western and central South Carolina]. [S.l.: U.S. Coast Survey, A. D. Bache, Supdt, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008628282/. (Accessed February 27, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Lindenkohl, A. & United States Coast Survey. (1865) [Northern Georgia and western and central South Carolina]. [S.l.: U.S. Coast Survey, A. D. Bache, Supdt] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008628282/.
MLA citation style:
Lindenkohl, A, and United States Coast Survey. [Northern Georgia and western and central South Carolina]. [S.l.: U.S. Coast Survey, A. D. Bache, Supdt, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2008628282/>.