Book/Printed Material Ghana : one year old : a first independence anniversary review
About this Item
- Ghana : one year old : a first independence anniversary review
- This pamphlet recaptures the main events of the first year of Ghana's history as an independent country. It features texts on politics by the prime minister and the leader of the opposition, a political year in review, and greetings from foreign leaders. Also included are articles on the arts, sports, education, science, and agriculture of the country, as well as stories about Ghana's role in the world and its plans for the future. Moses Danquah, a long-time columnist for the Daily Graphic and one of Ghana's most famous journalists, wrote several of these articles as well as compiled and edited the pamphlet. Danquah went on to become an important chronicler of Ghana's early history. The pamphlet includes advertisements from international companies established in Ghana, such as Mobil Oil, Philips Engineering, Singer Sewing Machines, and even a local Pontiac (General Motors) automobile dealership. World Digital Library.
- Danquah, Moses
Created / Published
- [Accra : Publicity Promotions, 1958?]
- - Autonomy--Ghana
- - Ghana--Anniversaries, etc
- - Ghana--History--1957
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 32 p.
Call Number/Physical Location
- African Section Pamphlet Coll
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Danquah, Moses. Ghana: One Year Old: A First Independence Anniversary Review. [Accra: Publicity Promotions, ?, 1960] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2008700208/.
APA citation style:
Danquah, M. (1960) Ghana: One Year Old: A First Independence Anniversary Review. [Accra: Publicity Promotions, ?] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008700208/.
MLA citation style:
Danquah, Moses. Ghana: One Year Old: A First Independence Anniversary Review. [Accra: Publicity Promotions, ?, 1960] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2008700208/>.