Book/Printed Material Constitution de la République Togolaise, 5 mai 1963
About this Item
- Constitution de la République Togolaise, 5 mai 1963
- Togo (officially known as the Togolese Republic) became a German protectorate in 1884 and a German colony in 1905. After World War I, it was made a French protectorate under a League of Nations mandate. The country gained its independence from France in 1960 under the leadership of Sylvanus Olympio (1902-63), a business leader who had studied at the London School of Economics and was employed by the United Africa Company. Olympio was assassinated on January 13, 1963, in what is considered the first coup d'état of the post-colonial era in Africa. This document is the Constitution of the Togolese Republic, adopted by the new government on May 5, 1963. This constitution was superseded by a new one in 1980, and a more democratic constitution in 1992. World Digital Library.
Created / Published
- Lomé : Imprimerie Editogo, [1963?]
- - Constitutions--Togo
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 26 p.
Call Number/Physical Location
- African Section Pamphlet Coll
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Togo. Constitution de la République Togolaise, 5 mai. [Lomé: Imprimerie Editogo, ?, 1963] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2008700247/.
APA citation style:
Togo. (1963) Constitution de la République Togolaise, 5 mai. [Lomé: Imprimerie Editogo, ?] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008700247/.
MLA citation style:
Togo. Constitution de la République Togolaise, 5 mai. [Lomé: Imprimerie Editogo, ?, 1963] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2008700247/>.