Book/Printed Material Mother [Goose] in hieroglyphics. Mother in hieroglyphics
About this Item
- Mother [Goose] in hieroglyphics.
- Mother in hieroglyphics
- Sherman & Co. (New York, N.Y.), publisher.
Created / Published
- New-York : Published by Sherman & Co., 1855.
- - Nursery rhymes
- - Children's poetry
- - Rebuses
- Juvenile literature--1855
- - "Part first"--Cover.
- - On the title page and paper wrapper, "Goose" appears as an illustration of a goose.
- - 26 nursery rhymes with many words replaced by pictures.
- - Pages  and 32 have the key to the rebuses.
- - Copyright by George S. Appleton in 1849.
- - Haviland, V. Yankee Doodle's literary sampler, p. 134-150
- - Publisher's advertisement on p.  of paper wrapper.
- - LC copy imperfect: lower right corner of paper wrapper wanting, with some loss of text.
- 32 p. : ill. ; 15 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- PZ8.3 .M85 1855
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
Library of Congress Children's Book Selections are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
- Credit Line - For books from the General Collections: Library of Congress
- Credit Line - For books from The Rare Book and Special Collections Division: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sherman & Co. , Publisher. Mother Goose in hieroglyphics. New-York: Published by Sherman & Co, 1855. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2009484723/.
APA citation style:
Sherman & Co, P. (1855) Mother Goose in hieroglyphics. New-York: Published by Sherman & Co. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009484723/.
MLA citation style:
Sherman & Co. , Publisher. Mother Goose in hieroglyphics. New-York: Published by Sherman & Co, 1855. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2009484723/>.